Data entry programs are actually membership sites that offer basic training and help in starting-up a home base business in data entry. The rule of the thumb is if it sounds easy think hard before taking a shot or else you will be sorry. Be cautious of programs giving assurances that you will be alert large amount of money stress free. It always takes time and effort to earn money not unless you are joining a money scheme.
I was a novice once in this occupation and I had my share of bad experiences which I would have avoided if I was well informed on how to distinguish a good program from the bad. So much time and money was wasted and I learned my lessons the hard way. Let me share with you some of my valuable lessons that I learned.
• Data entry is a job and not a money scheme. You have the chance of seeing big money but that would entail time and effort on your part. Some fraudulent programs will lure you in by promising you big money by working only for an hour or two in a day.
• Legitimate programs have working telephone numbers, email addresses and some even has a chat support service. If the program you are interested do not have any then that is a red flag.
• Check through the BBB (Better Business Bureau) if the program you would like to join has any reports or complaints.
• You do not have to pay a cent to get a job. Most legitimate programs require a minimal onetime fee to cover cost of training and the maintenance of their sites. Their sites are manned 24 hours a day seven days in a week by live and real hard working people. If there are additional fees such as monthly membership fee say to "upgrade" membership that is another sign of something very irregular and stay away from that program.
• A good program provides updated information not obsolese ones.
• Should you pay a onetime fee always check if there is money back guarantee should you find the program ineffective and unsatisfactory.
• Take the time to talk to someone who has a direct experience in this occupation. His / her experiences will help guide you in your decisions and save you from making mistakes by using the trial and error approach.
If you wish to save time and earn immediately you may try the top three data entry programs since year 2005-2009 (as seen in CNN). The following are the National Data Entry, My Data Team and Data PC Jobs.